Saturday 30 July 2016

What I Read In July - July Wrap Up.


I feel like I actually read a lot during July. However, a couple of these books were fairly short reads. With 'If I Stay' being only 201 pages and 'The Boy In Stripped Pyjamas' was also a fairly short read. Still, I'm quite pleased with what I managed to read during July. All things considered, July was a very busy month and also fairly stressful so yes, I am pleased with what how much I actually did read.

'If I stay' By Gayle Foreman which I really loved. I really would like to watch the movie now, too! I also need to read the second book. I wrote about and reviewed 'If I Stay'  on my blog but it was so hard to write a proper review without giving too much away!

Everything Everything by Nicola Yook book review @ Sarahs Book Hub Blog

I really enjoyed 'Everything, Everything' by Nicola Yoon. I was quite surprised because it's a contemporary book, I wasn't sure I'd like it. I absolutely loved it! Click here for the full review of 'Everything Everything'

I've wanted to read 'The Boy In Stripped Pajamas' for the longest time. I think most people have heard of this story and movie. It's a war time fictional story that follows a Nazi solider and his family who move close to a concentration camp. I finally got around to it in July. I really enjoyed the book. I also lived the film even though both were very sad. I do think the book was slightly better.

I finished reading 'The Girl With No Name' in July, too! I started this book at the end of June but it's quite a long book with 416 pages. Diney Costelloe writes this fictional story beautifully. It's another wartime fiction which I really enjoyed.

A photo posted by ★ sarah (@the.bookhub) on

I also started reading 'While my eyes were closed' by Lisa Green. It's a mystery/crime/thriller story which I just loved. I found is SO hard to put down. It's about a little girl that goes missing whilst playing hide and seek with her mum with a couple of twists and turns along the way!I wrote my review here.

I also starting reading a book called 'The Sisters' but I found it hard to get into. I will probably finish it August though as I really do want to know how it ends! I've added that to my 'August TBR' list.



No comments :

Post a Comment